Letter box contact
Every year letter box contact seems to come round really quickly.
The first one I did I was really worried about what to put in. I know some people write theirs throughout the year and pop a little bit in every now and then with key things that have happened. But I’m not that organised.
I thought I would share with you some ideas on what to put in the letter.
I hope you are well?
- how much they have grown,
- their abilities - what are they able to do now that they couldn’t do last year
- personality traits
- things they are working on (could be trying to do the monkey bars etc)
- Have they made friends (don’t name them)
- what do they like doing (be general if its things like going to the beach this can give away some locations)
- What they are finding tricky / working on
- Activities with school or groups they attend that they enjoy I.e enjoying football or swimming
- What they like doing at home - park (be general) bike rides, colouring, play dough etc
Likes and dislikes
- Tv shows
- If little one has any questions about birth family
- If little one wants to tell them something (remember about keeping identity and location safe)
I hope this helps. It’s not an extensive list, but it gives you an idea to get you started. I often end up writing 1-2 pages of A4 but that’s not at size 10 font!
I would love to know what you think,